Saturday, August 05, 2006

August 4, 2006 - Returning Hair

My hair is definitely coming back, these days. I’m starting to look like a person with a very short haircut, rather than someone who’s had his head shaved. I never did lose all my hair, nor did I lose my eyebrows or eyelashes. That makes me something of a rarity among CHOP chemo veterans.

At first, it looked like my hair was going to come back white. Now, it seems to be getting a bit darker. Whether it will ever return to the predominantly dark-brown hue of my pre-chemo days, though, remains to be seen.

“Gray hair is a crown of glory;
it is gained in a righteous life.”


- Proverbs 16:31

Today, Claire remarks to me, with glee, that my hair is sticking up in the back (where my head has been resting against a pillow). Another one of those little milestones on the road to recovery.

I still haven’t started carrying a comb around with me yet, but the day is coming...

No comments: